When I wrote a blog about Mobile and Recruitment Part I, obviously I was thinking of part II already.
Most of us come up with ideas on using SMS as you saw in my earlier post about this subject.
I do think SMS is still a very powerfull item in Mobile and Recruitment. It’s easy set up, clear and understandable for most of us out there.
But living in a 2.0 world where people like to interact in a different way.
I gathered this answers provided by some other creative Linkedin connections:
1. Rather than the traditional method of connecting by someone sending a resume to you, have them text through a .mobi address the answers to interview questions while they commute to the job that they hate – all in lost commuter time.
2. Social networking will become more ‘real life’, your mobile phone will show who are working at the company you are passing by, which coworkers are having a drink in that bar, etc.. Imagine LinkedIn with the ability to see who is where (if they wanna share).
3. One of the very promising streams is using PC2MOBILE technologies, where recruiter can conduct remote, visual and on-line interview with an applicant, using simple PC and WEBcam, while the applicant is using his 3G mobile phone and it’s camera which allows him to be interviewed from any location with 3G mobile access.
4. Part time actors can sign up for “casting calls” that fit their profile. They can get a text alert with a speed dial and location for the casting call. Soon these SMS alerts will include a mobile web link with more information about the position.
5. Recruiters can have recorded Caller Tunes which mention concise information on the openings in their Company. For ex. – is hiring software professionals with expertise in X. For further details visit www…..
There is a future for Mobile and Recruitment